Friday, August 1, 2008

Movie Reviews

I've rented a few movies recently. The first was The Machinist starring Christian Bale. I rented it because in all the articles surrounding the Batman release they mentioned this movie. I enjoyed this movie overall, but it was a little artsy-fartsy. The majority of the movie was him doing seemingly random things while weird things happened to him. But in the last five minutes or so it all fell together and I sighed a big "Ohhhhhhhhh." The acting and the filming of this movie were really good, so if you're in the mood for something a little off the wall try this one. But I will warn you that Christian Bale is anorexic in this movie; it's very disturbing to see.

I rented Shattered with my mom and it was OK. It starred Maria Bello and Gerard Butler who play a couple terrorize by Pierce Brosnan who is holding their young daughter hostage and making them do all kinds of weird things. Overall the movie was just OK so don't rush out to rent it right now, but it had a big twist at the end and I always like a movie with a surprise ending.

The last movie I saw was In Bruges starring Brendan Gleeson, Colin Ferrell, and Ralph Feinnes. This was a funny, non-PC British movie about a couple thugs hiding in Bruges, Belgium after a hit goes wrong. You should really add this one to your rental list. It's very well done.

No comments: