Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn, the last book of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, was great send off to a fun saga. This books wraps of the story of Bella and Edward and their struggle to make a place for themselves in this world; a somewhat difficult task since Edward is a vampire and Bella wants to become one. It took a turn near the beginning that I wasn't expecting and brought the story in a whole different direction than I was anticipating. I like when stories surprise me like that. I was more interested in reading the book since I didn't predict this turn in their story. It was obvious from the previous books, though, that there would be a showdown with the Volturi, the ancient rulers of the world of vampires. I was pleasantly surprised, again, that the confrontation occurred differently than I had anticipated. I liked that it didn't quite follow the cliche that I had anticipated. This was a fun series and I recommend that you at least give the first book a try.

No comments: