Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dead Until Dark

Ruh-roh Raggy! I found a new book series that you're going to hear all about starting with this book and carrying on with the other seven once I read them. The first book is called Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. HBO is starting a new series on September 7th called True Blood, which is based on this book series and created by the Six Feet Under guy. So I thought I'd give the first book a read before the TV show started and I got hooked immediately. I read the first book last night, and I plan to crank through the rest of the books almost as quickly. It's set in Bon Temps, a small Louisiana town, in present time; the only difference is that vampires "came out of the coffin" a couple years ago after the Japanese successfully synthesized blood and are trying to find their place in society (well, some more than others). The main character in these books is Sookie Stackhouse, a young woman who can read minds whether she wants to or not. She becomes instantly attracted to a vampire that moves into town because she can't read his thoughts and enjoys the peace and quiet of just being around him. Of course, murder and mayhem ensues. If you're looking for a fun, easy read pick this up and give it a try.

No comments: