Friday, August 17, 2007

Poll Results

Voting is now over and an overwhelming number of you have cast your votes. That's a lie. Only three of you voted! Please vote in my polls. That's the funnest part about having a blog!

Anyway, it was a three-way tie between Spring, Summer, and Fall. No one voted for Winter. I personally love Fall the best. The weather cools off to a brisk temperature so you can start wearing cosy sweaters and comfy sweatshirts. The leaves turn so many beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange. It reminds me of being back on campus at MSU at the beginning of a school year before I got all burnt out. I love being outside in the fall. The only down side is that the bees are out in full force at the cider mill.

I like Spring too, of course. It just seems that in Michigan Spring only lasts about a week before the temperatures heat up too much and I start sweating when I'm outside. Then it's Summer right away - my least favorite season. Bugs are out in full force, it's too hot (I hate sweating), and you have to worry about having sunblock all the time. One of my most hated things about summer is eating outside. I don't know why people love to eat outside. It makes me really irritated to have to have to swat bugs away from your food and try to get a seat where the Sun isn't blaring directly in your eyes.

I think Winter is the most unappreciated season. I love how pretty all the trees are with snow all over the branches. As with the fall, you get to wear cozy sweaters while you curl up with a hot cup of tea in front of the fireplace. Best of all: No Bugs! Some of you may complain about having to shovel snow. But I would rather shovel snow in the winter than mow the lawn in the summer when you sweat profusely and get attacked by bees. And, I'm sure you would admit that you shovel snow less than you have to mow the lawn.

As Summer is drawing to a close, your assignment, dear reader-of-my-blog, is to find the beauty of Winter this year. Start to appreciate that we get four fabulous seasons here in Michigan. And one of those great seasons is Winter. As the holidays approach, start to take notice of all the wonderful things Winter has to offer - things that you never took the time to appreciate before. Maybe one of them is that without Winter, you wouldn't appreciate Spring, Summer, and Fall as much.

No comments: