Saturday, August 4, 2007

Latest Movies Seen

I just rented a bunch of movies for the weekend; here are my reviews.

300 - Totally awesome! This is a great action movie based on a true story about 300 Spartans who held off the entire Persian army.

Pan's Labyrinth - Very good movie, but depressing. Don't let the subtitles throw you. It's worth watching. Just remember that it's not the feel good movie of the year.

Perfume - I never heard of this one before. I saw it on the shelf at the video store and saw that it starred Alan Rickman (the coolest actor ever) and Dustin Hoffman, so I grabbed it. It's weird but interesting. Kind of a bizarre ending. You should be in the mood to watch a not-mainstream movie when you rent this one.

Number 23 - I knew this one was supposed to be weird, but it was a boring journey getting to the denouement.

Night At The Museum - This was a fun movie! It was better than I thought it would be. Put it on your list of movies to watch.

Breach - This is based on the real-life spy who did the most damage to our country's intelligence ever. It's an interesting movie, but don't look for plot twists or action; it's a character study film.

The Hitcher - Sean Bean is a good actor, but I think my vote is for the original 80s movie with Rutger Hauer. If you've seen the original, don't waste your time on this one.

Hannibal Rising - This chronicle of Lecter's youth is a must see for all his fans. Or read the book. It's not necessary to do both.

Little Children - A well acted character study that lasts 2 1/2 hours. I was bored after a while.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need Netflix. It's great!

Belles said...

Thanks Keith. You're very helpful.