Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Book Reviews: Hannibal Rising & Blaze

I just finished reading Hannibal Rising by Thomas Harris. This book got beat up pretty bad by the critics, but I enjoyed reading it. It's the beginning of Hannibal Lecter's life and takes us through his tortured childhood and how he turned into the monster we know him as today. It's no Silence of the Lambs, but it's not as far out as Hannibal (in case you didn't enjoy the last book). It's in paperback, so if you're looking for something to read and you can't get enough of your favorite bad guy, you might want to check it out with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

The book I read before that was Blaze by "Richard Bachman" who is actually Stephen King. Two big thumbs up on this one. I'm always amazed at how easy his books are to read and how hard they are to put down. He originally wrote it back in the 70s and dusted it off a bit for publishing. You need to put this on your list of books to read.

My next book post will obviously be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You probably already know I'm going to love it, but I'll give it the special review it deserves.

That's all for now. Keep reading!

No comments: