Thursday, July 8, 2010

Twice Bitten and Other Reviews


Twice Bitten, the third book in the Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill, was absolutely as good, if not better, than the first two in the series. The character development is excellent and the story was riveting. I'm totally hooked on this series. I probably have to wait a year before the next book is released.

Undead and Unfinished, the ninth book in the Queen Betsy series by Mary Janice Davidson, was a decent read. Betsy continues to be hilarious, but I wasn't thrilled with the plot. However, the bombshell she dropped at the very end of the book still has me reeling - my feeble mind just doesn't want to process it! Now I'm dying for the next book in this series, too.

I watched a few DVDs this past weekend. Surrogates with Bruce Willis was good, but I was bound to like it since it was a sci-fi/action flick. X-Men: Wolverine was just okay. Blindness with Julianne Moore was weird! I thought it was supposed to be a government conspiracy thing that Julianne Moore was going to figure out since she was the only person who didn't go blind. But it turned out to be a study of how social norms break down in the absence of structure. Definitely skip this one.

No comments: