Sunday, July 18, 2010

Inception and Many Other Reviews

The year is only half done but I'm declaring Inception the best movie of the year! Of course the special effects were good, but the story had me on the edge of my seat for the whole movie. It was original and creative, the acting was great, and the ending was fabulous!! You must see this movie.

The Swedish import of The Girl Who Played with Fire was excellent as well. I didn't find the subtitles distracting. If you can deal with subtitles you should see the Girl Who films before Hollywood gets their hands on them. However, you can completely skip The Last Airbender which sucked wind (pun intended).

Now on to books...I was hoping that I'd like Black Dust Mambo by Adrian Phoenix better than I did. I haven't read any of her other books but I know people love her Maker's Song series. I won't be reading more in this series. I did, however, enjoy the Granite Lake Wolves series by Vivian Arend. They were quick and fun to read.

I really liked the Demon Underground YA series by Parker Blue which includes Bite Me and Try Me. It follows the life of an 18 year old girl who is one-eight succubus demon. I absolutely recommend these to anyone who likes urban fantasy. I also read The Wallflower by Dana Marie Bell which was OK but not good enough for me to want to read more in this series. And I unfortunately read Lakota Flower by Janelle Taylor which was really bad.

No comments: