Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Outlander Book Series

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting book reviews lately. I've been reading my way through the Outlander series again, but this time on my Kindle and thought I'd do just one post for the whole series. It's about 5,0o0 pages of small print so it took me awhile to get through it all. It's historical fiction with adventure, romance, and a smidge of sci-fi. This series follows the lives of Jamie and Claire in the 18th century and takes us from Scotland to France to Jamaica to the New World. I would recommend these books to anyone who doesn't mind investing the time to read really big books.

1 comment:

Mable said...

This is one of the best books that I've read since "Katharine" by Anya Seton. I am in the middle of the first book and can't seem to stop thinking about it. This, to me, is the sign of a great read and believe me, I am a great reader. Unfortunately, it makes me dissatisfied with my current life, being married to a brain and not a brawn.