Friday, September 12, 2008

Night's Edge

I bought a few books that are collections of novellas and short stories by various authors. The first one I finished was Night's Edge which contains three novellas. Of course there is a sci-fi edge to all of the stories. (Surprise, surprise coming from me, huh?) The first story, the best one of the three, involved discovering why ghosts haunt a particular house resulting in the solving of a crime. I really couldn't get into the second story which also involved a haunting. I just didn't like the writing and therefore couldn't relate to the characters or the story. The last one was by Charlaine Harris and is the reason why I bought the book. She's the one who writes the Southern Vampire Series I've blogged about (which is also the basis for the True Blood HBO TV show), and this story was part of that "universe" though with a completely new set of characters. Overall, I would say not to waste your time on this book. You can probably find something more enjoyable to read.

No comments: