Saturday, September 13, 2008

Many Bloody Returns

I finished another book of short stories by various authors called Many Bloody Returns: Tales of Birthdays with Bite. The requirement to write a story for this compilation was that is had to be about birthdays and vampires. I thought it was amazing that all the authors could write such different stories about the same topic, ranging from grim to funny and everything in between. Of course, the reason I bought this book was that Charlaine Harris wrote the first (and funniest) narrative, which is a little side story for Sookie Stackhouse and Eric Northman of her Southern Vampire series (which is also the basis for the new HBO series True Blood). I enjoyed all but one story in this book. If you're willing to gamble on liking the writing styles of various authors, I suggest you pick this one up sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True Blood reminds me of Heroes at first glance (just rented the first episode from Blockbuster), though the show still has an original feel overall