Monday, June 7, 2010

Pile 'o Reviews

*sigh* I let this pile up again just like I promised myself I wouldn't. Here we go...
I read Once Bitten and Twice Dead by Kalayna Price. Once Bitten was a Kindle freebie somewhere along the way which is why I decided to read these at all. The first one was just ok; it was clearly the author's first book. There was vast improvement in writing for the second book. Not 'must-reads' to recommend but entertaining nonetheless.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater is a young adult werewolf book. I really liked this one! There's an innocence and sweetness about it because it's YA. It's very well written. I absolutely recommend this one to anyone who likes YA books.

Staked by JF Lewis was a little slow at the beginning for me because our protagonist was a little too unsympathetic at first. But it eventually picked up and I enjoyed reading it. I definitely recommend this one if you're looking for something funny to read.

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer is her latest Twilight add-on. I'm quite sick of her repackaging Twilight over and over again. I wish she'd write something else. Having said that, I'd recommend this novella to any fan of the Twilight series. Her writing has improved by leaps and bounds since her first book. Even though we knew how this one was going to end (it ties in to Eclipse), I still found it enjoyable. Now please write something else, Ms. Meyer.

The Forbidden Rose by Joanna Bourne is just a fun, quick little read. I've read her first two books, and I like that she has the same cast of characters that she works with. It gives the characters a little more depth.

The movie MacGruber was SO horrible that we walked out of the theater after a half hour. The good thing is that we went 'theater hopping' and snuck into a viewing of Letters to Juliet, which turned out to be a cute little movie. It's completely predictable but it's well made.

No comments: