Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie & Julia

I went to see Julie & Julia before I get laid up with my foot surgery. I didn't think it would be a good movie because it didn't appear to have any plot. However, Meryl Streep comes through once again with her larger than life portrayal of Julia Child. You can't help but love her, annoying voice and all. And I love Stanley Tucci who played Julia's husband (but I like him in anything he does). Amy Adams, who portrayed the woman who cooked her way through Julia Child's cookbook in year, was good as well. It's a good movie if you're looking for something to see.

On a side note, I would like to remind people who sit in the seats at the ends of the rows in movie theaters that once the movie is over, you need to stand up and exit the theater. If you didn't get hint when the movie ended and the credits started rolling, the other cue is when those of us who sit in the middle of the rows stand up and start moving toward the aisles (re: you). We don't want to be blocked in until you feel like getting your lazy keester out of the (uncomfortable) chair.

No comments: