Friday, February 13, 2009

The Hulk and The Happening

I was surprised at how horrible The Incredible Hulk was, especially since it has first class actors like Edward Norton, William Hurt and Tim Roth. The movie was boring and predictable, and the green monster was ridiculously stupid. The only redeeming scene in the movie was Robert Downy Jr.'s cameo at the end of the movie as Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man). I'm surprised that these two franchises are linked because Iron Man was so good and Hulk was so bad. If you haven't seen this movie, don't.


The movie that was supposed to be horrible but was better than I thought was The Happening. But maybe I liked it more than everyone else because I watched it after that horrible piece of crap The Hulk, which might make any movie watched after it seem like pure genius. I thought The Happening was well made and thought provoking, though not nearly M. Night Shyamalan's best (The Sixth Sense). But it's not his worst either (The Village). I'm guessing the criticism comes from the movie focusing on the experience of a small group of people and not in explaining in full detail the cause of the occurrence, though it is explained - quite adequately in my opinion. If you're looking for something to watch I would check this one out.

No comments: