Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bottle Shock and Benjamin Button

I wish I would have gone to see Bottle Shock when it was in the theaters. It's a move about wine, but not like Sideways which was pretentious and boring. This movie is charming and fun and has a heart that Sideways lacked. Starring Alan Rickman and Bill Pullman, it's based on a true story in 1976 that pitted California wines against French wines in a blind test. I would absolutely rent this one.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, on the other hand, is one you can absolutely skip. There's nothing about that movie that you haven't already seen in the previews. Clocking in at 2:45, it's l-o-n-g and s-l-o-w and boring. I have absolutely no idea why this movie is up for best picture. I can think of several others off the top of my head that I would rather have had the nomination (Gran Torino, Doubt, and Revolutionary Road just to name a few).

No comments: