Saturday, November 8, 2008

Kindle

I got a Kindle from Amazon two weeks ago and I'm totally hooked! I didn't think I'd love this device as much as I do. There are over 180,000 books available to be directly downloaded onto the Kindle (no computer is needed). I chose to download the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon as my very first Kindle books. I'm really enjoying re-reading them while I play with all the features on the unit, the best of which is the built in dictionary which is quick and helpful. The screen isn't back lit, and therefore doesn't hurt your eyes. It's actual ink that electronically rearranges when you "turn" the page so it reads just like a book. Also, there are six different font sizes from size 7 to size 20 that you can choose at any time. You can place bookmarks, make annotations, and "clip" pages. Check out the Amazon website to learn all of the super-cool things it does. If you are an avid reader I highly recommend getting one of these.

No comments: