Friday, October 10, 2008

Kill Your Darlings

Kill Your Darlings is a weird dark comedy. The main character is writing a script about suicide (which of course is complete crap), and his day job is taking pictures of hamburgers and other food for print ads. He ends up finding several suicidal people when he road trips to Vegas with a flaky girl named Lola. Meanwhile, a small group of suicidal people are also traveling there for a reality TV show for a famous psychologist. This movie was weird at first, but the more it went on the more I liked it. It had a happy ending that left me with a warm fuzzy. If you're up for an odd indy movie check this one out.



So you're asking yourself if it was so weird why did I rent this movie that no one's ever heard of? The answer is simple: eye candy. I rented this because Alexander Skarsgard is in it; I didn't even read a synopsis before I rented it. But my plan backfired on me a little because his character is a suicidal cross dresser. Whatever.

No comments: