Monday, May 17, 2010

Robin Hood, John Adams, and Burned

Robin Hood, starring Russell Crowe and Cate Blanchett, is a terrific interpretation of the Robin Hood legend for a smarter movie audience. If you're looking for another cute and predictable version like the Kevin Costner rendition you'll be in for a shock. I'm most impressed by the script. I love when people actually spend time developing a story and characters for an action movie. This movie sort of ended up being a prequel to what we think of as "the story" so I'm hoping there will be more movies to come in this franchise. Definitely go see this one.

I finally got around to renting the John Adams HBO mini-series starring Paul Giamatti and Laura Linney. It was excellent! I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love when HBO takes on history because they breathe life into what textbooks portray as boring facts. If you haven't yet seen it, do yourself a favor and rent it.

I struggled through Burned, the latest book in the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. It was terrible. The series started out okay, but they've gotten sloppy with the writing and the stories are almost non-existent. If you haven't yet started this series, don't. I'm dropping it altogether.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, aren't you turning 39 soon?

Belles said...

No, I'm turning 27 yet again! I'm thinking of calling the Guinness book of world records. I might be in the lead for the person who turned 27 the most. ;)