Monday, March 15, 2010

Alice in Wonderland and The Green Zone


Alice in Wonderland was visually stunning but the story was slow. This type of story lends itself well to Tim Burton's movie-making style. My favorite character was the Cheshire Cat; the animation and voice were absolutely perfect. I also like that Burton worked in Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky poem into the main story line. However, it would have been a better movie overall if it had faster pacing and possibly a more exciting Alice. I recommend this movie to any Lewis Carroll fan.


The Green Zone is about the first few weeks of the Bush administration's disastrous invasion of Iraq. It's a well made movie with great actors. I definitely recommend it as a good movie, but it made me so angry all over again that I came home from the theater pissed off and bitchy. If you don't want to drudge up those emotions again, you may want to skip this one.

No comments: