Saturday, January 16, 2010

Movie Review for Daybreakers


I just went to see Daybreakers and was pleasantly surprised. The movie critics beat it up, but they're just movie snobs who would rather die than give a vampire movie any respect. The plot was original: in the not-too-distant future the world is mostly populated by vampires, and humans are on their way to becoming extinct. What does the vampire world do to feed? Where do they draw the lines of morality? What if someone found a way to turn vampires human again?

In addition to the interesting plot, it had more gore than I was expecting which was fine with me because I haven't watched a good gory movie in a long time. Sam Neill plays a great bad guy, and Willem Defoe and Ethan Hawke are really good in their roles. The ending had a few little twists that I didn't see coming, which I always enjoy. I hate movies where the entire plot is predictable and therefore boring (like Avatar).


I definitely recommend this movie. If you don't get a chance to see it in the theaters put it in your rental queue.

No comments: