Monday, June 30, 2008

Books & Movies

I've been reading a lot lately, but let's start with the Wall E movie review. Aside from being funny and cute, it was very interesting in that most of the movie doesn't have dialog. The story is told 75% visually. I highly recommend you add this to your list of movies to see.

Now to books! As I usually do, once I find an author I like, I get obsessed and read all their stuff. My latest author is Stephenie Meyer and the book that sucked me in was Twilight. I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've been burned by several books written for younger audiences that have received overly-generous reviews. It's about a teenage girl who falls in love with a vampire. Sounds cheesy but it's a very well written book and I enjoyed reading it...so much so that I read the three books in this series in four days (book two is New Moon and three is Eclipse. The next book, Breaking Dawn, comes out in about a month (please see my widget countdown on the left side of the screen). I can't wait for the further adventures of Edward and Bella!

Then I picked up the other book she wrote outside of the series called Host. This one doesn't fall into teen fiction since it centers around adults. It's a science fiction story about an alien species that uses human bodies as hosts for their parasitic life form. It's a good story because it focuses on people and relationships, and not too much on crazy sci-fi stuff. Definitely add this one, if not all of her books, to your reading list.

No comments: